Saturday, December 16, 2006

I dreamt again about illustration

This one was pictures I drew that remind me of Beatrice Potter’s books. I also dreamt the question: WhyWhyWhy? And the answer was read it backwards: YhwYhwYhw, which sounded in the dream when I said it aloud, “You You You.”

I told Jake last night that I wasn’t going to get an MFA in visual arts but in creative writing because I’m sure about writing, because it’s always been in my life and visual arts hasn’t. But I think my dream told me otherwise.

I also used to draw. In the dream the drawings were a fine pen and ink and colored in with either a wash of water colors or color pencils. I felt good about my creation in my dream. It was something like some type of story book I read as a child where the words, and there were many, were surrounded by borders of whimsical drawings/paintings of animals like squirrels and rabbits.

I also dreamt about not being able to use my electronic devises, like the cell phone, because of a horrible storm far away that I could see a streaming video of—in the dream. In real life, before I went to bed I saw on the news the storms that have been raging in the northwest for more than a week, which has knocked out thousands of people’s power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home