Saturday, November 25, 2006

I'm only 47 but I feel like I'm 87

I'm in good phsyical shape and I've always been active (maybe too active). But I'm so tired I just want to stop the train or just jump off if it won't stop. I have found little ways to get through and pretend that I'm as energetic as ever but I am not. I do the things that are expected of a mid-lifer but the truth is I am so darn sick of it all.

I hear that it will pass but I'm still so bored and tired of living. The things I used to love, I still do but they're mostly tedious repetitions just to keep up appearances. I keep doing everything like I'm a robot but will there ever be another time in life to feel the passion and joy of living again?

Is this really just a phase with a second wind on the end of it?

_______

I posted the above rant on a forum for people who are over 50 years old. I was told I probably needed some sort of drugs or something...but I'm not fond of drugs.

And so, this is what another person, whose moniker is ccxcs, said (It made me laugh and smile a lot:-):

"Even in good shape, you lose interest in the things you liked to do - it DOES get boring - kinda like sex with the same person for 30 years.

The ONLY thing to do at that point is to shake up your live - reinvent yourself - say whatever you damn well please and who cares if someone is 'offended'

Get rid of ALL the 'toxic' people in your life who are critical and hateful - if that means a divorce, then so be it.

Strive to live in peace - no bickering, no arguments - even if it means you have to move into a furnished room - at least you will have PEACE and quiet and can do EXACTLY as you want.

Also forget about trying to 'please' everyone - the ONLY opinion that matters is your own.

When we get to age 50 and over, the coffin is a LOT closer and we KNOW our days are numbered.

Do not waste even ONE day doing anything you don't want to do, or being in the company of anyone who causes problems or makes you upset.

Get angry and say to hell with all the nagging whining bastards who try to control your life.

If it means moving away then do it.

I GUARANTEE this will resolve your dilemma."


Link


_______
Another poster, with the handle KKnv, said:

"By gollly you are right! I feel a lot the same ... due to my demanding friends, family. After reading your post, I got a phone call insisting that I go to some damn dumb party tonight -

I said 'No, the holiday stuff is wearing me out and I want to stay home and read my new book tonight'

Thanks - I feel GOOD!"


KKnv's link

2 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're doing great. we're doing great. --joy

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger aWoman'sBlog said...

LOL, love you joy. I feel better today, just some days it's so weird to feel so tired. *raises glass to pushing*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home