Monday, December 11, 2006

I think I'll take up knitting again

It’s not as though I haven’t knitted or crocheted in a long while, when I really think about it, but I think I should focus on it a little bit more as my meditation. It used to work for me. It served several purposes in the past. When the kids were young, I could stay busy as they buzzed around me. I could have meditative moments relaxing where my ex-husband would not get on my case for my contemplative nature--as I was sitting there doing something productive. And I used to keep small projects in my bag when I went out so that people’s natural tendency to talk a lot to me would seem sometimes more productive to myself because I could just listen to a house full of relatives for hours on end and still be productive. Also, a few years I started needlework projects in January to ease the stress of holiday giving the next year. Needlework used to make me happy so it's a good thing to try to refocus on again.

Dec. 13, 2006 UPDATE: I think I hate knitting now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home