Sunday, August 13, 2006

How can a woman become so confused?

I have lived more than four decades, raised my children, failed at numerous love relationships, find myself in a relationship with a man who loves me and feel more confused in my life than I think I've ever been.

Is it me or is it harder to finally get to the place where you tried so hard to get to for so long?

It's as if the life of struggle became my identity and it's as if I even feel more alive when struggling. At least I feel more normal. Now I need to learn to struggle with the person I am who has less obstacles that have to do with other people and more to do with my own fears and negativities.

This is a strange phenomenon I need to fix, now. (Honey just came home and we're going out to eat and he's talking to me....

2 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is an amazing observation. it's true, are we more alive when there are more struggles. that's the buddist philosophy right? the purpose of life is struggle? well, are you struggling because you have no more struggles? because that a struggle anyway. love you.

--joy

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger aWoman'sBlog said...

Yes, I am struggling because I am not used to a life with so few struggles. The irony is I really don't like this new sort of struggle. Too funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home