Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Dedicated to Lakshmi, the Goddess of Abundance

I’m a stock trader newbie and you can tell by my perpetual fear. Then again I’ve heard that stock traders are always scared and run by their emotions. Maybe, in that I have a real proclivity for stressful living—not necessarily by my own choice—maybe this new career is the one that I never really consciously knew I needed.

I’ve been reading and reading and reading and I’m getting a handle on some of it except for the money making part. I haven’t lost money yet but I haven’t earned it yet either, even though these four months should potentially have earned me something but I know I’m learning a trade that I really want to know at this age.

I’ve been reading about how other stock traders do it but they also have a lot more money than me. I’d like to be able to earn 20% on my investments and I think I now know how to do it but that I’m chicken shit.

For example, today my stocks went up $400-plus dollars and if I just sold them all now and then start over doing the same thing tomorrow, even if I make $400 a week, that’s good enough for me and it will be a 50% return on my money in one year. That’s not too bad in my book. However, I will probably sit here unsure for a little longer.



Well, I just sold two and made $119 for the day. I don’t know exactly what I’m doing but I know I want to keep my money and I want to earn more. I don’t want to lose and I know the market is going down.



Ok, so it is a few hours later now and I went for just under half of it and made $175. Hey! I know that’s not a ton but damn, I’m in this to make some money, not just for my health and in the past four months I’ve seen my profits go up and then wait for some illusory reason for them to diminish again. I just want to make some money here and for today $175 is a good start in my book.

I know tomorrow I will be compelled to read more about new stocks because I love to spend my days reading. I will check out company’s revenues and earnings, which is the type of things I’ve been reading about for four months. I haven’t lost a dime yet and I just took my first real earnings and without explanation right now, I’m going to dedicate this post to Lakshmi, the goddess of abundance.

2 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Blogger myonlyphoto said...

Welcome back, I was asking about jj if you were okay. I guess you are having fun with new stuff. Good luck to you. Remember one thing, don't wait too long, don't sell in the panic, and bottom line don't get too greedy. This is what they say in the books or somewhere. I used to do stocks, but its not good for my health, I react with stock market, the ticker was my heart beat, one day high, next day too low, so I put all my money in regular interest and let it sit there. Anyway, enough about me, congrats on your good trades...anna :)

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger aWoman'sBlog said...

Thanks Anna: Yes, I've been off in never never land and your advice is good. I have been so good in not being greedy and not panicking that in four months, I've neither made anything or lost anything. I think it was time to stop being so careful. It was a good time though of learning and I'm sure there's more learning to come. But, yes, I've been pretty focused on your good suggestions. I'll stop by your and jj's blog sometime this afternoon I hope. It's nice to hear from you and hope you have a lovely day♥

 

Post a Comment

<< Home