Friday, October 05, 2007

I'm in a Zone

I just realized today that I said that at least three times yesterday to Jack, maybe even more. He knows that when I’m “in my zone” I’m trying to figure something out, I’m on a new threshold and he knows that no matter what he does, he’s just going to have to wait. He took me out to dinner last night because I was in my zone and could not even begin to think about making dinner, which typically I love doing as I adore cooking.

But when I’m in my zone, there’s no dinner in the oven. Dinner out is typically a time for romantic play and possibility. But not when I’m in my zone. I just realized today that it doesn’t happen too often but when it does, he’s so great at dealing with it and just lets me fly. That is one of the things I love about Jack.

What is a zone though anyway? I guess I could say it’s when I need more time to focus on something, or more time alone to think through something that I am unsure about, or it could be the days that I just want to soak up rays of Indian Summer or Harvest Moon, or maybe it’s when I need to cry for no good reason or remember things from long ago just because they need to be remembered.

Whatever a zone is, I always come away knowing something in a more clear fashion then when I decided it was time to take time alone or reduce my attention in one area to focus on another area. I think mostly though it’s the time that it takes to figure which new elements of life I want to integrate and which old elements I want to wrap up and store in the attic or basement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home