Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It is time for new emotions: gratitude

I must remember one thing from my past. I must remember how to focus. Today, I am required to focus on gratitude because today there is reason. I remember years ago, coming from a hypocritically religious home, I was grateful for tiny scraps of less abuse and hatred by the people who claimed their love and righteousness ad nauseam. And most will advise me to seek professional counseling but I’ve spent years in therapy and if I haven’t figured it out by now, I’ll never figure it out. However I will, each day as I wake and sleep I will remember the good that I learned then and will change the course of my emotional wanderings. I will warn myself away from wrong paths and will walk straight ahead and find the peace in my soul that a sensible life deserves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home