Monday, July 31, 2006

I sat in my hot car with no air conditioning

for a half our waiting for a state-mandated inspection on the last day of the month before it expired. I was sure I would fail. I didn’t sleep last night because I was sure it would fail because I spent so many years driving junk cars that failed every year, just to buy a new junk for another year for whatever I could steal from my budget from bills I could afford (so to speak) to be late on. I’ve spent so long like this I think the 2001 little smart-style car I bought new will fail. Every year I go through this and it amazes me how long it takes to believe that the impoverished days are behind me. Sure I couldn't afford to buy a new car with air conditioning but still, the past is behind me. When will my fears subside?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home