Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I didn’t think things were going to turn out this way

Out of high school and after escaping from the home where my mother’s boyfriend and two others molested me, I packed my things on my 18th birthday. I set out to make a better life for myself. That was just under 30 years ago and if I had known what was going to happen, I would have never had the audacity to believe I could make a better life for myself. So much has happened since then. Yesterday, the girlfriend I met along the way 20-something years ago, said to me: “you’ve had such an interesting life.” All I want to do is say I’m glad it’s over, resist tears and learn to live this new life that I’ve finally found and rid my memory of all that interesting life so I’m not riddled by fear, scared around every new corner I take still; remember to be grateful, instead of fearful, now in my new world, my sane life finally, 29 years later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home