Saturday, May 13, 2006

OYA~~Change

by Amy Sophia Marashinsky

I work in ways deep
ever present
always moving
I work in ways dramatic
with thunder and lightning
sweeping and uprooting
I work in ways subtle
pushing and prodding
wearing and tearing
I swirl you and twirl you
I splatter you and scatter you
I shock you and rock you
I clear the way for what is to come
I can be slight or stupendous
brief or long lasting
uproaring or uprising
What I can't be is ignored.


Oya is the Yoruban Goddess of tornadoes, rainstorms, lightning, fire, female leadership, charm and transformation--weather in general--according to Marashinsky's book titled, "The Goddess Oracle."

Oya is said to be the Goddess to call on when we find ourselves in conflicts that are uprooting our lives, conflicts that we can not ignore--whether they are coming from within ourselves or from the environs around us. "Oya storms into your life to tell you that change is calling, beckoning, and camping out on your doorstep."

I can't tell who or what this mystical element is that is camping on my doorstep but I've known it so many times before yet, still, I just don't want anymore change. Apparently, I don't have the power to change this change that will not be ignored.

I was a free-flowing sort when I was younger. After years of passivity, knowing how to go with the flow, I taught myself what everyone told me I needed to learn: to plan my life, take control, don't let life just drag you around by the hair.

So here I am, I did it, just to discover that I really can't ignore change. (I told them so.) The good news is: all I need is remember who I was before I tried to control the power of change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home