Monday, May 08, 2006

I Do Not Believe in Religion

I went to my mother's yesterday for her 75th birthday. My oldest sister was explaining her beliefs as they relate to her religion, which is Jehovah's Witness. We are and have always been a very spiritual family. She converted to Jehovah's Witness religion several decades ago and the family fully respects her choice. But after years in my own conversion to an evangelical Christian assembly, I realized as we were discussing religion that I believe in God, but I do not believe in religion.

4 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Many people share your feelings on this issue.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger aWoman'sBlog said...

You know, it's strange that it's taken me so long to discern the differences between my knowledge of a spiritual realm and its differentiation from the institution of religion in general.

Thanks for visiting.

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I share your exact same view... But i have learned what things to keep to myself

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Ella Koh said...

Deist. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home