Monday, March 27, 2006

Women Blogging

I'm not new to the blogosphere and it's pretty risky advertising that I am a woman but I did it anyway. Why do I say it's risky? I say that because I often find myself getting different types of responses to my opinions on the blogoshpere if I have a female moniker, as opposed to an experiment I did. The experiment was that I changed my name to a male name and found that although people disagreed with the same arguments at the same rate, the way they disagreed were a different animal. When posting as a women I typically am called whore or old bitter bitch or something like that~~with no attendant data to support an alternative position. Then when the same sentiments and information is posted with a male moniker--someone who disagrees, also with attendant insults, provides evidence or data to support the opposition.

1 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger Colette said...

Artemis,

Thanks for visiting and thanks for the comment - yes we do all need to (women AND men) band together to make sure our rights stay intact.

I don't mind you linking to my blog - but I'd would like you to spell the name correctly - it's 'Dancing on Colette's Grave' or 'Colette's Grave' - either one is fine.

Thanks and glad you are out here blogging.

C -

 

Post a Comment

<< Home